We asked Linda Straub, a Personal Trainer in Burr Ridge, a few questions about her typical day, her favorite workout, how she stays motivated and more! Check it out!
1. How long have you been a member of the Five Seasons Burr Ridge team?
Going on my third year.
2. What’s a day in the life of a personal trainer look like?
I arrive early to set up my personal training session or look for new clients to welcome them. In between sessions, I'm usually saying hi to our members and to all the people who work at Five Seasons and seeing if anyone needs help and cleaning up fitness areas and putting equipment away.
3. What do you love about the Five Seasons Burr Ridge members?
I love their warmth and friendliness, and how they care about their families and the friends the've met at Five Seasons. I'm inspired by their fitness goals and wanting to stay healthy despite some having challenges because of illness or injuries!
4. What’s your favorite workout?
Circuits, interval training, outdoor workouts on the club property - really any workout that my clients are excited about and that gets results!
5. Favorite post-workout fuel?
Protein bar or protein drink! I'm always checking ingredients in my food and snacks to make sure they're pure and not filled with sugars - and not a meal replacement!
6. One thing you always have with you in your workout bag?
A stretchy resistance band.
7. How do you stay motivated to live healthy?
By motivating others who I train! Some of my clients have serious health issues or injuries and they inspire me by not giving up and trying to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle!
8. What’s your favorite part about working at a True Club?
The team here who stays positive and encouraging and helpful, and the members who are caring and make me feel like part of a family!